Tires and shocks

wyobob

I have a used 2010 JK. It has from what I can tell is a 3" lift, 33 x 12.50 x 18 General Grabber X3 tires. I can't tell what brand of shocks, but not high performance. I'm needing tires as these are cupped and I have put about 25,000 since I got it. Looking for tire, shock suggestions. Most driving is road and gravel in Wyoming and road and rough mountain and desert in Arizona. Thanks.

I have a used 2010 JK. It has from what I can tell is a 3" lift, 33 x 12.50 x 18 General Grabber X3 tires. I can't tell what brand of shocks, but not high performance. I'm needing tires as these are cupped and I have put about 25,000 since I got it. Looking for tire, shock suggestions. Most driving is road and gravel in Wyoming and road and rough mountain and desert in Arizona. Thanks.
I really liked my Falken Wildpeak AT3s. Had them in 33" (285/70r17) in Load C. It was a great on/off road tire, even on trails and obstacles in Moab. They handled great for rain/snow in Utah also. Might even get a used set for close to half price, because a lot of Gladiator owners take them off for bigger tires because they came stock on a lot of Rubicons.

As far as shocks, I've heard good things about Bilstein 5100s or Tereflex 9550s.

I have Falken Wildpeak AT3s too. Have them in 33" (285/70r17) in Load C as well. I had them in 32" on my TJ before this JK. They are pricey at $220 plus shipping, mount etc. I found a set of the above size as take offs from a new Gladiator. Paid $800 with Gladiator rims. Less than 1800 miles on them. Sold my JK Rubicon rims and half eaten tires for $400. So in the end it only cost me $400. Look on offerup, CL and facebook marketplace. Or call around to your local 4x4 shops. Sometimes they keep customers take offs.

BF Goodrich are great as well. When 8t came down to research and recommendations it came down to those two brands. Goodyear Duratracs have to many reported wear issues for me.

For the best ride in shocks I am going with Rancho RS5000x again. Had them on my TJ. Just about everyone concerned with ride quality chooses them for TJs. And alot do the same for their JKs. Off road I think they are decent. Unless your doing rocks or something. They are also very affordable. $225 for a set of 4 on Amazon. These shocks and tire pressure gave me the best ride I could find for my TJ. And I'm sure they will do the same for this JK. Many JK owners report the same.

I have heard great things about Bilsteins as well. But they are a bit stiff from the recommendations I have read. Stiffer than the Ranchos anyway. But your offroad style might benefit. Idk.

The Falkans have already improved my ride quality a great deal. When I replace my worn out original shocks - the Ranchos will top it off.