Tinny noise on acceleration

TargetOz

PS THIS NOISE ONLY BEGINS WHEN ENGINE WARMS UP
Hi guys I know that this post has aired already but didn’t feel it was resolved, can anyone shed some light on whether this noise is a cracked exhaust manifold, exhaust cats? I borrowed this YouTube link from another member as mine does the same thing only at lower rpms. Cheers Steve.

Last edited:
What year is your JK? There is a issue with the exhaust manifolds cracking, a visual inspection should find out if that's the noise.

Hi guys I know that this post has aired already but didn’t feel it was resolved, can anyone shed some light on whether this noise is a cracked exhaust manifold, exhaust cats? I borrowed this YouTube link from another member as mine does the same thing only at lower rpms. Cheers Steve.

💩! This is the same noise mine started making!

Catalytic converter?
Get down and tap the catalytic converter a few times and see if it rattles. If so, it's bad.

Reactions: mrjp
If you are talking about the higher pitched sound, the first thing i would check is if one of the bolts rusted away on the converter Heat Shield.
The fix would be a new bolt and nut, or a small stainless steel weld where the bolt disappeared.
Or pry the shield away enough that it does not contact the converter.
Don

If you are talking about the higher pitched sound, the first thing i would check is if one of the bolts rusted away on the converter Heat Shield.
The fix would be a new bolt and nut, or a small stainless steel weld where the bolt disappeared.
Or pry the shield away enough that it does not contact the converter.
Don
The noise starts to happen when the engine warms up