Tinny Noise on Acceleration

rubiconrandy

I have a 2008 JKUR and the other day I started to hear this tinny, almost like metal on metal, sound coming from the front of the vehicle only when I accelerated. I decided to try and rule out various systems like the suspension and drivetrain by setting my car in park and revving the engine. It was there when I did that as well, so that told me it’s most likely the engine. I’ve attached a video with the noise (sorry for the wind). Any ideas?

video:

Took the serpentine belt off and the noise was still there. I checked the rear heat shield above the muffler and it seemed to be tight. Are there other heat shields?

I had this problem when i had my exhaust realigned and remounted. check the exhaust system pipes, you may want someone to check under while pressing the gas and see if any of the exhaust pipes is rubbing something.

I just had to replace the bolts connecting the drivers exhaust manifold to the rest of the pipe. Strangest thing to happen. The manifold seemed fine, but the bolts were loose. replacing seemed like a much better option than tightening old rusty bolts. cost me around $13 because the shop that sells bolts individually was shut for the whole weekend and holiday.

• Wow
Reactions: Ghstrydr and Chris