Ticking after oil change

Hulkamania

My 2008 jku was due for a oil change, replaced oil and re did oil pan gasket 2 days ago at 97k miles. After firing it up to get the oil flowing, it has a bad tick, do the 3.8s have noisy lifters? I attached a video for reference

Attachments

• IMG_9274.MOV
    17 MB
Did you put in the full six quarts and the dip stick is reading between the marks and change the filter?

These may seem like silly questions, but occasionally they point out things that got missed.

Reactions: BigAL07
Did you put in the full six quarts and the dip stick is reading between the marks and change the filter?

These may seem like silly questions, but occasionally they point out things that got missed.
I have. And still shows good. Is it a possibility that the weight of oil is too thin?

My 07 just turned 92k. I have tried them all. The ONLY combo that will stop my ticking is Royal Purple 5W30 and mopar filter. So quiet you can’t tell the engine is running.

Reactions: BLACKJKU
My 07 just turned 92k. I have tried them all. The ONLY combo that will stop my ticking is Royal Purple 5W30 and mopar filter. So quiet you can’t tell the engine is running.
I may try it on my next oil change. Im guessing it’s just a common thing with these 3.8s

The 3.8 has a bit of a reputation regarding oil. The ticking though sounds like a rocker bearing might be at the end of its life. You might take a stethoscope and listen along the valve cover and see if you can locate where it's loudest. If you can, then you need to decide who replaces the rocker, if that's what's wrong.

Will check it and will keep you posted on what I find
The 3.8 has a bit of a reputation regarding oil. The ticking though sounds like a rocker bearing might be at the end of its life. You might take a stethoscope and listen along the valve cover and see if you can locate where it's loudest. If you can, then you need to decide who replaces the rocker, if that's what's wrong.

Reactions: BigAL07 and mrjp