The dreaded rocker arm tick

kbar691

Hello all. New to the forum. New jeep owner. Anyway, I have read a lot on the rocker arm tick. I am going to replace all rockers and lifters. I am curious to the rockers and lifters to purchase. Has the flaw been designed out to where you can buy a quality part and put this to bed? Thanks in advance and sorry for the topic that I’m sure everyone is tired of talking about.

Go to a dealer parts department and ask them to give you the latest revision of the rockers and lifters they have. In fact, the following link is a video by a gentleman that discusses Mopar parts updates. If you sub to his channel you can message him and he'll likely give you the prt numbers:

I had one go bad and wiped out my one cam. I replaced the cam with a mopar cam but used Melling rocker arms from autozone. I paid $180 for all 24 with a discount. I did the job myself but you need some cam alignment tools. There is a good video on doing it on YouTube. It is a two part video. I have over 175k miles on mine. Nice and quiet now. Good luck