Tailgate Bar/Tailgate Clips question

tsetsefly1

JK Enthusiast
I was sent the tailgate bar below from someone on this forum (thank you) and ordered what I thought were universal tailgate bar clips.

Either the tailgate bar is missing some end caps (to fill the tailgate bar clips) OR
I ordered the wrong tailgate bar clips OR
It's the wrong tailgate bar for a 2015 JKU

Anyone have any thoughts?
IMG_1279.jpg

IMG_1280.jpg

IMG_1281.jpg

You are missing the rubber end pieces that come with the rear bar. Looks like the universal things you bought are spot on, You can see the things I'm talking about in the pic I just took of mine.

I'm missing those for my TJ and never put time into replacing them. Ended up just using some hard rubber tubing that kinda works, but that top needs to be replaced anyway.

Let us know if you find a product.

1611765258340.png

Reactions: tsetsefly1
You are missing the rubber end pieces that come with the rear bar. Looks like the universal things you bought are spot on, You can see the things I'm talking about in the pic I just took of mine.

I'm missing those for my TJ and never put time into replacing them. Ended up just using some hard rubber tubing that kinda works, but that top needs to be replaced anyway.

Let us know if you find a product.

View attachment 117724
Nice. Glad to know I wasn't losing my mind and couldn't figure out how to install them. Been one of those weeks.

I'll look around and see if I can find the rubber end parts. If not I'll get through the year with something like you did