Sway bar disconnect recommendations?

Paul K

Anyone have some swaybar disconnect recommendations?

IMG_20200102_131038_125.jpg

It was 10+ years ago, but I had JKS disconnects on my Grand Cherokee. They worked great, once I figured out to use lock-tight or self locking nuts on the studs. I lost one going down the highway at 70 mph because of it.

Actually, the best way to run isn't disconnected at all, it's using a torsion bar such as the Currie Antirock (which is what I would suggest).

They are pricey, but there's a reason all the KOH and professional rigs use a torsion bar and don't actually disconnect the sway bar entirely. This is a much more controllable way to wheel that gives you all the benefits of disconnecting, without the disadvantages.

Reactions: blank
Actually, the best way to run isn't disconnected at all, it's using a torsion bar such as the Currie Antirock (which is what I would suggest).

They are pricey, but there's a reason all the KOH and professional rigs use a torsion bar and don't actually disconnect the sway bar entirely. This is a much more controllable way to wheel that gives you all the benefits of disconnecting, without the disadvantages.
Thank you!

Reactions: Chris