Suspension

jeep_momma13

My jeep when ever I am in reverse and backing up my steering wheel shakes and my jeep shakes going over railroad tracks and a few minutes after the shocks were installed I still felt every bump

I bought the billstein shocks and they are not good quality like I was told

So any tips or ideas you think would be the problem I plan on getting fox shocks

A couple answers you provide could help us get a better feel (bad pun) for your situation:
1. Year and model (2- or 4-door)
2. Lifted?
3. Tire size?
4. Any other suspension mods you may be aware of?

Reactions: Speartip
1. 2013 Jeep Wrangler unlimited Sahara
2. Lifted. 3 in lift
3. Tire size? I believe 285 60 r18
4. Any other suspension mods you may be aware of.

I do have wheel spacers on

Last edited:
upgrading steering stablizer would be wise. Wont be a big difference but it will definately help.
I would disagree. So-called steering stabilizers mask problems, they do not fix anything.

I would suggest a number of things.
Dump the wheel spacers in the bin and get wheels that fit properly.
Check your tire pressure. Manufacturers recommended pressures are almost always significantly higher than optimal on a Wrangler.
Check your alignment.
Check for loose or worn components in your steering. Ball joints, tie rod ends, steering box, etc.

Did you install the shocks or did you have a shop do it?

Not familiar with Bilstines but a lot of shocks need cycled and primed.

Also possible the wrong length of shocks were installed.

I personally like Black Max shocks. They're a lot softer than most shocks.

-Mac

With a 3" lift you should have adjustable control arms and track bar.
Less likely, but still a possibility, new driveshafts given the geometry of the lift.

Typically, about 2.5" of lift is about the limit before needing to upgrade control arms, track bars, etc. to accommodate the change in geometry.
The best shocks in the world won't cure the issues associated with stock control arms working at their threshold.
And, as already mentioned, lose the wheel spacers. The only thing they're good for is ensuring some suspension part, wheel and tire warranties are voided and not being able to find a reputable mechanic to work on your JKU.