Suspension and tire upgrades four-door JL Rubicon

Nebfarmer

Supporting Member
Wife and I want to do some moderate off-roading both in the desert and in the Missouri Ozarks. Planning and doing the Mopar 2-in lift, moving after 35-in tires and beat lock rims so I can run lower tire pressure safely. Any comments on the Mopar lift kit or which beadlock rims to buy? Also a tuner that would let me change the TPM and speedometer calibration.

Wife and I want to do some moderate off-roading both in the desert and in the Missouri Ozarks. Planning and doing the Mopar 2-in lift, moving after 35-in tires and beat lock rims so I can run lower tire pressure safely. Any comments on the Mopar lift kit or which beadlock rims to buy? Also a tuner that would let me change the TPM and speedometer calibration.
Well I see no way to edit my post so I'll have to make the corrections with the comments It's a JK not a JL Rubicon.

The best accessory you can get is a quality OBD II dongle and an app like JScan or software like Appcar DiagFCA. Both will adjust the TPMS threshold and correct the speedo.

As for the other two items, I have no experience. I run a 2.5" AEV lift and have never run the pressure so low I was worried about breaking the bead.

Hopefully others will chime in.

Reactions: mrjp
The best accessory you can get is a quality OBD II dongle and an app like JScan or software like Appcar DiagFCA. Both will adjust the TPMS threshold and correct the speedo.

As for the other two items, I have no experience. I run a 2.5" AEV lift and have never run the pressure so low I was worried about breaking the bead.

Hopefully others will chime in.
What pressure do you run? Even with the stock tires and rims I find as low as 17# is still improving traction and ride offroad in the Missouri hills. I hear of pressures as low a 6-8# for dessert running.

For Moab, the Sierras, Colorado... I would agree. In the sand dunes it's been fine. And in the Great Lakes area in general, I've never run in to a situation where I felt beadlocks were necessary.

But then again, I've outgrown some the "exuberance" of youth ;)