Surplus hard top loft storage?

Moab

JK Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Would this make a cool loft storage to hang in the top of a JK hardtop? It's 30’’ long x 20’’ wide. Tie strings measure 17’’ long.

Only $12 for two of them. But shipping on top of that. I have not measured but will this afternoon.

*Actually today's sale email says these are $7.95 for a set if two. Plus 20% off. I sent them a msg. Maybe they will fix the price. Still not a bad deal. If it would work.

Anyone think this would be a good idea?

https://colemans.com/catalog/product/view/id/5097?_kx=T2-WL1pipb9b86muY6gEKOcKA9oqPBsz7g86Remw2yA=.TKNMRy

Screenshot_20230901_122816_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230901_122827_Chrome.jpg

an interesting idea. I'm unsure of the exact measurements between the roll cage bits, but if those fit between I could see it working. They would have to be tight enough not to droop below the roll cage as there is limited enough visibility. I also would only use the mesh one, you then can see what is up there.

Given that the rear of my jeep is dog transport, you have sparked some ideas. I probably won't just due to the amount of Husky hair that would find it's way up there, but we'll see.

Keep us in the loop.

Reactions: Speartip
an interesting idea. I'm unsure of the exact measurements between the roll cage bits, but if those fit between I could see it working. They would have to be tight enough not to droop below the roll cage as there is limited enough visibility. I also would only use the mesh one, you then can see what is up there.

Given that the rear of my jeep is dog transport, you have sparked some ideas. I probably won't just due to the amount of Husky hair that would find it's way up there, but we'll see.

Keep us in the loop.
I discovered a great solution for dog hair and general vehicle carpet clean up yesterday. Rubber gloves. I used the cheap Harbor Freight blue ones and it was amazing. You put the gloves on and wipe the carpet with them. It pulls up not only dog hair. But every piece of crumb, fiber or debris out of the carpet.

Swiping your hand across the carpet brings up a pile of stuff. That you can brush into the center of whatever area you are working on. And then simply vacuum it up.

This also allows you to get into every place your vacuum can not. And pulls out three times the amount of stuff. Every corner and crevice you can't reach with your vacuum or even a brush. You can get too. Its amazing.

I picked up a pair of those rubber dish washing gloves at the grocery store. They are thicker and have ribs on them. Which I'm sure will work even better.

Give it a try. It even pulls out those tiny hairs that get stuck in the fabric of your seats.

I discovered a great solution for dog hair and general vehicle carpet clean up yesterday. Rubber gloves. I used the cheap Harbor Freight blue ones and it was amazing. You put the gloves on and wipe the carpet with them. It pulls up not only dog hair. But every piece of crumb, fiber or debris out of the carpet.

Swiping your hand across the carpet brings up a pile of stuff. That you can brush into the center of whatever area you are working on. And then simply vacuum it up.

This also allows you to get into every place your vacuum can not. And pulls out three times the amount of stuff. Every corner and crevice you can't reach with your vacuum or even a brush. You can get too. Its amazing.

I picked up a pair of those rubber dish washing gloves at the grocery store. They are thicker and have ribs on them. Which I'm sure will work even better.

Give it a try. It even pulls out those tiny hairs that get stuck in the fabric of your seats.
seats are leather, and I replaced the carpet with the rubber lining a few years ago. These days it's just a quick vacuum of the corners to get it clean. However, anything under the seats just become hair traps, just as a loft would.

Dog hair, I gave up years ago. Still have Porcupine quills stuck in my ride, from when we had to make an emergency trip to the vet.