Sunrider top reviews/opinions

WestCoastDan

JK Enthusiast
Looking for input from actual owners/users of the Sunrider front top.
These appears to be a great option to allow ‘topless’ front seat driving without the complications/hassle of removing and storing the Freedom panels.
How is the build quality?
Are there multiple brands available?
Any to avoid?

Bestop makes all OEM soft tops, so if they make one, go for that one, they are the best out there. I don't know anyone that has one of them though.

I have one from Bestop and I love it. My freedom panels are stored away. Used it all winter. Little more wind noise but just as warm.

Reactions: WestCoastDan
I'm going to be picking up an off brand soft top for my '99 TJ soonish, mostly because of the considerably lower price.

However, I don't have a hard top for it (nor do I want one) and no matter what top I get, it will be better than the twenty four year old factory original top that is on there.

For my JK I got lucky on Craigslist and found and unused premium top for super cheep. That stuff is so much nicer than the standard denim, but I wouldn't spend full price on it.

Very rarely I've seen those Sunriders show up on craigslist, but full JK soft tops are all over the place on there.

I put one on my 2013 JK last fall and left it on through the winter (West Texas winter, so no extreme snow or ice). No intention of taking it off anytime soon.

Build quality is top-notch, as far as I am concerned.

Installation was a breeze.

With the top closed, I don't notice much difference at all with regards to wind noise versus the Freedom panels.

I really like the ability to hop in the Jeep, open the top, enjoy the fresh air and then be able to shut it and "lock up" my Jeep when I get to my destination. Heck, it's easy enough for me to close it at a stop light without even having to unbuckle my seat belt if I need/want to.

Nice not having to worry about whether to take the Freedom panels and eat up all the room in the back or leave them at home and get rained on.

The only con to me is when I start thinking about adding a roof rack and realize that my options for doing so are severely limited.

I put one on my 2013 JK last fall and left it on through the winter (West Texas winter, so no extreme snow or ice). No intention of taking it off anytime soon.

Build quality is top-notch, as far as I am concerned.

Installation was a breeze.

With the top closed, I don't notice much difference at all with regards to wind noise versus the Freedom panels.

I really like the ability to hop in the Jeep, open the top, enjoy the fresh air and then be able to shut it and "lock up" my Jeep when I get to my destination. Heck, it's easy enough for me to close it at a stop light without even having to unbuckle my seat belt if I need/want to.

Nice not having to worry about whether to take the Freedom panels and eat up all the room in the back or leave them at home and get rained on.

The only con to me is when I start thinking about adding a roof rack and realize that my options for doing so are severely limited.
Thanks for the feedback.
A roof rack isn't that big of a concern to me, but it's good to know about a potential conflict w/ this type of front top section.

Roger that on the roof rack. I did not think about that. I was actually hoping that someone made something that was removable, lighter, and more easily storable than the factory panels. I don't mind storing in the back, I just want something that fits back there easily.

I saw some 'clear' panels that turn the front seat into a terrarium, but they do not appeal to me.
I'm giving serious consideration to this Sunrider top though...

I saw those clear panels also. I don't think that is for me. I may see if there is a better storage solution or make my own for the rear.