Sunrider and roof rack options (SWB)

ETtheAlien

Hello,
I have the sunrider roof top replacing the freedom panels and also the rhino backbone kit.
When the roof is open it folds over where any rhino rack platform would sit.
Anyone got any roof rack recommendations that are super short? I’d like a tray if possible
(So I can still open the roof) I’d like to store only max trax and fuel up there for certain trips.
Thanks
Steve

243229D6-AECC-45AB-9F39-A1D2403070BF.jpeg

Last edited:
I have the Sunrider top on our JKU, and I had similar issues finding a rack that wasn’t in the way.
Since you have a 2 door, this is even more of an issue, but I think you could make it work if you can modify the rack.
My rack attaches using the drip rails at the front and brackets that mount to the rear window hinges.
I don’t think you have drip rails over the rear windows, so the mounts you have (at the front) are probably your only option since the drip rails on the Sunrider aren’t going to help.

Since custom is probably the only option, maybe you can mount a rail from the front brackets (bases) to the rear, that runs front-to-back.
Then you could probably mount one of these trailer hitch-type racks to these new support rails, (pushed back as far as you need to give clearance for the Sunrider).
KAIZONPOT 60" x 24" x 6" Trailer Hitch Cargo Carrier Hitch Mount Folding Vehicle Cargo Basket 550lb Capacity Hitch Cargo Racks for Car https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B5GH9656/?tag=jkforum-20

Reactions: ETtheAlien
I have the Sunrider top on our JKU, and I had similar issues finding a rack that wasn’t in the way.
Since you have a 2 door, this is even more of an issue, but I think you could make it work if you can modify the rack.
My rack attaches using the drip rails at the front and brackets that mount to the rear window hinges.
I don’t think you have drip rails over the rear windows, so the mounts you have (at the front) are probably your only option since the drip rails on the Sunrider aren’t going to help.

Since custom is probably the only option, maybe you can mount a rail from the front brackets (bases) to the rear, that runs front-to-back.
Then you could probably mount one of these trailer hitch-type racks to these new support rails, (pushed back as far as you need to give clearance for the Sunrider).
KAIZONPOT 60" x 24" x 6" Trailer Hitch Cargo Carrier Hitch Mount Folding Vehicle Cargo Basket 550lb Capacity Hitch Cargo Racks for Car https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B5GH9656/?tag=jkforum-20
Thanks! I was out last night with a measuring tape! And online trying to find options….work in progress! Appreciate the response.

Reactions: WestCoastDan