Sun visor fixes?

JKFreedom

I did a search and didn't find a topic, so maybe I'm the only one with this issue. I picked up my 2015 JK yesterday and so far everything is great. Well, it has the 130 radio and even with JBL replacement speakers, the audio sucks - but I will remedy that eventually. Anyway, on both sun visors, where they clip into the mounts, each visor has very little of the plastic/rubber that goes over the thin metal rods - so they won't stay clipped in and secured. I suppose I could just by new visors but that's probably a more expensive fix for an issue that may not be that hard to resolve. Anybody else had this issue and fix it in a way that is a step up from a "duct tape" type solution?

You could get some hard plastic tube and slit it length way and push it over the existing rod and if it works and doesn't want to stay on you could superglue it on the rod.

Reactions: Chris and mrjp
You could get some hard plastic tube and slit it length way and push it over the existing rod and if it works and doesn't want to stay on you could superglue it on the rod.
Or Vinyl tubing... more compliant and could soften it with light application of heat.

Reactions: mrjp
Go to AutoZone, Lowe's or Home Depot and get some electrical heat shrink tubing:

1610389025545.png

1610389511381.png

Cut off the length and use whichever diameter best fits and take a hair dryer to it. This stuff can be used in a lot of different ways on a Jeep, from protecting some after market light wiring to fixing your visor clips....

Go to AutoZone, Lowe's or Home Depot and get some electrical heat shrink tubing:

View attachment 117617

View attachment 117618

Cut off the length and use whichever diameter best fits and take a hair dryer to it. This stuff can be used in a lot of different ways on a Jeep, from protecting some after market light wiring to fixing your visor clips....

The only thing about that I looked at my visors and no way to slip something over it unless it has a slit down the side and then roll it over the rod.

Although I 2X agree with the above, I have a '15 JK and exact problem your having. Not much into gadgets but the Axis Sun Visor system is the absolute best. I'm down in FL where the sun is brutal and these things work great...even down, you can view right through them...not solid.

Reactions: mrjp and JerryD
Although I 2X agree with the above, I have a '15 JK and exact problem your having. Not much into gadgets but the Axis Sun Visor system is the absolute best. I'm down in FL where the sun is brutal and these things work great...even down, you can view right through them...not solid.
Oh HELL ya! Didn't know these existed. I often wished for the visors like those in commercial aviation and military transports. I wonder if these would work with my Grabars?