Suggestions For Remanufactured 3.8 Engine

cpwolf

JK Enthusiast
Supporting Member
@Chris and other guys. My buddy here in Austin got his son a 2011, and he threw a rod in it, and a reman engine is going to be needed.

He looked at Jasper engines, which is who he has used in the past on other work, but they want $5k. Seems high to him, but I don't know the space right now on pricing.

Any specific suggestions on engines for the 2011 that you'd suggest?

@Chris and other guys. My buddy here in Austin got his son a 2011, and he threw a rod in it, and a reman engine is going to be needed.

He looked at Jasper engines, which is who he has used in the past on other work, but they want $5k. Seems high to him, but I don't know the space right now on pricing.

Any specific suggestions on engines for the 2011 that you'd suggest?

The only suggestion I could give is to go to a local repair shop and ask them who they use and your local auto parts stores to see what brands they sell. Most Business won't sell or use rebuilt engines if they know the rebuilders aren't putting out quality rebuilds.

Reactions: Dirty Dog and mrjp
You probably don't need a crate engine, which is mostly what Jasper sells. You probably just need a short block, since it's likely the intake and heads are fine. You might want to clean up the heads and do a valve job on them. You can get a short block for about $2000. If you want to replace the heads, you can get a long block HERE for about $3,000. Autozone sells THESE for about $2,700.

Reactions: Dubbyaare and mrjp