Storage boxes for the roof rack

Rprieto30

what’s up everybody. Wondering what you kind of storage boxes you guys have and how you mounted them. I currently have a Gobi stealth roof rack and I wanted to see if I can get some ideas or suggestions on storage boxes.

I have a Smittybilt Defender rack, which only covers the rear half of my roof. It allows me to remove the freedom panels and the hardtop without having to remove the rack. Anyway...

1596745857318.png

I use this Reese Explorer roof bag. It's 38 x 38 and 18" deep. Fits perfectly into the rack and gives me the opportunity to put a couple travel bags, small cooler, beach chairs, etc. of varying shapes and sizes because the dogs are riding in the back. The zipper goes around 2 sides, not just one end.

I use the rubber, double s-hook adjustable straps and it doesn't move.
1596746251039.png

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007Y0PGGM/?tag=jkforum-20

1596746090592.png

Found it at Walmart for about $50, if I remember. Completely unexpected find, because I rarely go into a Walmart.

Reactions: Rprieto30
Ditto on the roof rack and rooftop bag. Not the same one but same concept...... I also put a cargo net tightly over mine so it doesn't flap in the wind which should help it last longer. Anything solid gets ratchet straps

Reactions: Rprieto30