Steering stabilizer fitting trouble

Well, I managed to get her on backwards today. Didn't take too long and I was more able to easily get her in there when coming from the side than underneath. Only problem is that because of the tie rod I can't get a torque wrench in there to tighten her to 50 lbs. I can get the other end to 50lbs nit I basically just tightened her till I felt she wouldn't go anywhere. That said I could still turn her more so I'd like to be able to get it to 50. Any suggestions on how to get in that tight space? I could try an elbow but I think I was having a same issue. Is there a short 18 socket out there? That would do it

20230210_144011.jpg

20230210_150734.jpg

Well! I just wanted to quickly fit my stabilizer on today but it proved hard to fit in the spacer on the passenger side. I banged away, used pliers to try to open it a bit, used a jack to see if I could push it through but no go. I'm thinking the metal center is hold me up and it would be nice to have a just rubber grommet center like my old one to fit it in better. Anybody got any suggestions ? I know it's just a stabilizer and not super important but I think it'd be nice to have it back on

View attachment 123724
Try the other end doesn't matter which way it goes in sometimes one end is larger than the other

Well! I just wanted to quickly fit my stabilizer on today but it proved hard to fit in the spacer on the passenger side. I banged away, used pliers to try to open it a bit, used a jack to see if I could push it through but no go. I'm thinking the metal center is hold me up and it would be nice to have a just rubber grommet center like my old one to fit it in better. Anybody got any suggestions ? I know it's just a stabilizer and not super important but I think it'd be nice to have it back on

View attachment 123724
Try the other end sometimes the ends are a different size doesn't matter how you mount it

Reactions: longlivenintendo