Steering stabilizer fitting trouble

longlivenintendo

JK Enthusiast
Well! I just wanted to quickly fit my stabilizer on today but it proved hard to fit in the spacer on the passenger side. I banged away, used pliers to try to open it a bit, used a jack to see if I could push it through but no go. I'm thinking the metal center is hold me up and it would be nice to have a just rubber grommet center like my old one to fit it in better. Anybody got any suggestions ? I know it's just a stabilizer and not super important but I think it'd be nice to have it back on

20230207_143719.jpg

Not sure if that would or not, plus not sure it will fit. I’d get a big monkey wrench for a little more leverage. Might be able to place a crowbar in the and bend out a little. The bracket looks a little “ dirty” might try cleaning up the inside. Anyway you have to grind down, take off a little bit of the metal off? Not sure how much you need but might be able to grind a little off on side to get it started then get it in.

Just my opinion but I don't think the connections were pushed together enough somewhere. It should be back away from that area more.

Reactions: BigAL07
Is the one you’re trying to fit oem or aftermarket?
It's OEM from rock auto. The space right now between is a 1 1/8 and the stabilizer end is 1 3/8. I'm gonna try prying it open a bit more with a fat strong flat head screw driver and crow bar higher up in there tomorrow and see if I can get that 1/4 "

Reactions: BigAL07
I replaced a Rancho on mine with the OEM a months back. Had the same issue. Just had to keep bending on that area also. I feel your pain. It eventually went in there. You will get it brother 👍🍺🍺
I tried heating the area a bit then prying it out more and still no go today. It's just like a 1/4" too narrow as you go up. I ordered expando pliers they're unfortunately going to take a little while to arrive so the exciting conclusion will have to wait!

20230209_171738.jpg