Steam on start ups

megatronjku

I had an overheating issue with my 14”jeep, burped yesterday no more over heating issue runs perfect only issue is on start ups I blow white smoke everywhere until it warms up, no smoke while driving just on start up and sometimes idle any ideas, I know headgasket might be the case but I’m hoping for an easier and cheaper solution haha

White smoke on startup is the cardinal sign of a coolant leak. Check a sample of your coolant for combustion products. You can get an inexpensive test kit at your local auto parts store.

If you park your jeep on a hill or elevated surface that can also cause it on cold start. I have a 6.4 Hemi swap and my driveway is pretty steep. It did that to me couple of time. Freaked me out and I went all banana on the shop that did the swap. Long story short after parking it on flat surface cold started it and monitored it for a week and white smoke went away. This might not be the reason in your case. But for shit and giggles and to pin point the issue, It might help.

Reactions: Speartip