Starter keeps running after a LS engine swap

Mz B Haven

I have recently completed my LS swap. I am using a Holley Terminator X Max to run the engine and trans but kept the JKU PCM to run everything else. However, upon starting it the starter stays engaged after the engine is running due to the PCM not seeing an rpm signal from the engine. Is there any way to bypass the PCM for the start signal but continue to utilize the key?

I have recently completed my LS swap. I am using a Holley Terminator X Max to run the engine and trans but kept the JKU PCM to run everything else. However, upon starting it the starter stays engaged after the engine is running due to the PCM not seeing an rpm signal from the engine. Is there any way to bypass the PCM for the start signal but continue to utilize the key?

There probably is but just my opinion it would just be easier to use a push button for the starter, then it would help it to be theft proof.

The Jeep (Mz B Haven) is a 2015. The Terminator ECU has a tach wire that I am not using because I used a Holley Pro Dash that plugs directly into the ECU harness. Can I connect the tach wire to the Jeep PCM for a signal to tell it to stop the starter? If so, where do I connect it?

Here is a couple of pictures of my swap. One is of the initial test fitting and the other is the completed project.

20231001_111216.jpg

20240113_172203.jpg