Spare Tire Offset Questions

Shouldn’t there be a model number stamped in the wheel? That would give you the specs on your wheel.
Nothing on the outside facing part. Might be on the inside. I could crawl under there to look but I'd never get back out as I'm old, lol.

Yeah, I've been on that site a lot as I'm looking at replacing my M/Ts with A/Ts. And they HAVE discontinued my rims but I found a site that has some but one is a positive offset and one is a negative, which is why I was asking about offsets.
Just like everything wheel and tire related, the measurement standards were decided by an engineer with a substance abuse problem.

Negative offset moves the tire farther away from the vehicle. (0mm offset is the mounting surface is dead center of the wheel front to back.)

And before I go any farther with this, I found a vid that explains this stuff really well.

So I hauled out a big piece of 2" foam to lay on and crawled my old ass under there and found some model numbers. Based on those I believe these to be a -12 offset. I emailed the manufacturer to make sure.

This all was not without incident, however. While I was going through all kinds of contortions in order to extricate my old bag of bones from underneath the Jeep I rolled over on my side and somehow activated the panic button on my F-150 key fob that was in my pocket. Having been alerted, I'm sure my neighbors enjoyed watching from their windows as my old ass twisted and turned, trying to hurry and get out in order to kill the alarm. 😠

Don't laugh, you young whippersnappers, you'll be old one day. Now get off my lawn!

Don't laugh, you young whippersnappers, you'll be old one day. Now get off my lawn!
This is the Get Off My Lawn 3000. Have you gotten one yet? They're very effective.
bapqj43tuxv41.jpg

• Love
Reactions: FLGeezer