Spacer to Spring Swap Question

FLCoastJK

I have a Rubicon I bought with 2.5" spacers and stock springs. I am looking to put in new springs that have the 2.5" lift and delete the spacers. I wont be changing height per se, just wanting to delete the spacers. I have done springs on a ton of vehicles but not a Jeep. My question is, would I have to worry about adjustment, alignment, since I am not changing height? Or would it be a "simple" swap out? Any help would be appreciated.

I would think a simple swap out would be ok, but if you bought the JK that way do you know if a Alignment was ever done for the spacer lift?

I think that any lift no matter how much higher then stock should have adjustable track bars front and rear. When I checked to see if the rear axle in mine was centered with the stock springs it wasn't. I bought a adjustable track bar and centered it up so it would track straight.

Reactions: mrjp
I would think a simple swap out would be ok, but if you bought the JK that way do you know if a Alignment was ever done for the spacer lift?

I think that any lift no matter how much higher then stock should have adjustable track bars front and rear. When I checked to see if the rear axle in mine was centered with the stock springs it wasn't. I bought a adjustable track bar and centered it up so it would track straight.
I am pretty sure the folks that did the lift were a local place that specializes in modified Jeeps. I would like to think they aligned it, but who knows. Once you put adjustable bars on yours, did you align it or is that something you have to take in to have done?

I am pretty sure the folks that did the lift were a local place that specializes in modified Jeeps. I would like to think they aligned it, but who knows. Once you put adjustable bars on yours, did you align it or is that something you have to take in to have done?

Centering the axles is easy DIY , a 4' level and tape measure is how I centered mine. The front end alignment should be done by a shop.

Reactions: mrjp