Soft top zipper issue

Maximus

JK Enthusiast
Tried unzipping my rear plastic and could not get it to budge. Tried spraying some silicone on it but it didn’t help much....maybe I didn’t leave it on long enough. Anybody else have this issue where the zipper is down past the metal starts?

68D95FCA-6FBE-4B29-B337-83A601F5EC3C.jpeg

While I haven't had that happen to my soft top, I've had it happen more times than I can count to the zippers on my jackets.

In any case, the only thing that fixes it is to relax the material and sit there and mess with the zipper until you get it back on the tracks.

While I haven't had that happen to my soft top, I've had it happen more times than I can count to the zippers on my jackets.

In any case, the only thing that fixes it is to relax the material and sit there and mess with the zipper until you get it back on the tracks.
Dude I think before I relax the material, I need to relax myself because I get so frustrated trying to get it to work....lol.

Reactions: Daddyo2373
Dude I think before I relax the material, I need to relax myself because I get so frustrated trying to get it to work....lol.

Haha, yes, that's a large part of it.

Often times things get so frustrating that if you take a 30 minute break and go back to it, all of a sudden you solve the issue the first time. Amazing what a simple break can do.

Reactions: Daddyo2373
I can't suggest what's the best way to free this zipper after it screws up or hasn't been used in a long time. But what I can tell you and others, next time, purchase a set of crayons (black) and use this to wax the zipper's teeth.

I can't suggest what's the best way to free this zipper after it screws up or hasn't been used in a long time. But what I can tell you and others, next time, purchase a set of crayons (black) and use this to wax the zipper's teeth.
Ahhhhhh Crayons....great idea for next time. I did eventually get the zipper off, had to break / cut the bottom metal stop off the bottom where the teeth are, start the metal zipper part again (it was a nightmare) but I’ll remember the crayon idea