Soft Top Window Replacement

BigDaddyinBigD

2011 JK Owner
Supporting Member
Our 2011 Jeep JK came with a soft top; we bought it used from a local Jeep dealer. The top itself is still in great condition, but the back window is getting pretty difficult to see through. I’m also not a big fan of the window tint in all 3 soft window. I’ve read that windows are replaceable but I don’t know if our top is the original or a replacement top.

Does anyone know how I can tell; like Is there typically a tag somewhere? I‘ve also heard BestTop makes the original/OEM tops plus they have the “best” replacement tops. Are the zipper all the same or proprietary? Any tricks or challenges with replacing the window only?

New windows aren’t cheap, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Bestop is the OE supplier for the factory Jeep soft tops. That being said, you can give them a call, and they'll sell you the windows separately, in which case you could opt for the non-tinted versions.

Bestop tops will usually have a tag or some sort of identifying mark on them somewhere. Have you looked at the inside of the windows and the top very thoroughly to see if there are any tags at all?

Bestop is the OE supplier for the factory Jeep soft tops. That being said, you can give them a call, and they'll sell you the windows separately, in which case you could opt for the non-tinted versions.

Bestop tops will usually have a tag or some sort of identifying mark on them somewhere. Have you looked at the inside of the windows and the top very thoroughly to see if there are any tags at all?

Thanks Chris. I’ve look around, but can’t get into the back seat with the way the JK seats work. I’ll need to get my daughter to climb in there and look around more closely.

Thanks Chris. I’ve look around, but can’t get into the back seat with the way the JK seats work. I’ll need to get my daughter to climb in there and look around more closely.

That's what I would do. There should be makings on the top somewhere, I know Bestop has markings on them.

2011 was a transition year and I think you got the new nicer type, but I'm not positive. is the section above the front door lock into channels or is it held down just by tension? also, 2 or 4 door?

If you do have an OE top it is very important to know what version you have as the windows are different sizes. My jeep came with its original 2009 top, but the wrong windows, back window wouldn't zip up properly, took me quite awhile to figure out what was going on.