Soft top locks

Cactus52

Hey all

Just bought a JK for my wife and she cannot unlock the front locks for the soft top without using something to pry it open. Is there a fix or a mod that can be used to help her out?

Thanks

Not that I'm aware of. Pretty sure you just have to use some force. They get easier over time, seriously.

There should be a rubber bump stop in the clamp/lock. They tend to break off allowing the clamp to go in too far for your fingers to grab it. Make sure they are still there. Quadratec sells them for pretty cheap.

20190927_172233.jpg

Reactions: Chris
I will check it out, I'm sure they are gone since the clamp is flush. I've bent the prongs on a old fork and that work pretty well floor them.

Thanks

No problem. This is the link for them 1.99 a piece

Quadratec shipping isn't free, so you may want to order them on Amazon:

They seem more expensive, but shipping is included, and if you have Prime it says you'll get them by Sunday.

Reactions: Cactus52
True. If that's all you need go amazon I guess. Quadratec has free shipping on orders over 49 bucks, if you need anything else. (Excuse to buy something lol). Dealer might not actually be too expensive for these and you could have right away. Might be worth checking/calling for price...

Reactions: Chris