Soft top issue

Jeeprsgodeepr

Ok, maybe someone can help me. I bought a soft-top for my 07 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara. I already have a soft-top on but want to replace it as its dry rotted and leaking. This top I got is for a cable system and doesn't have the plastics that clip into the channels like I have. Does anyone have this cable top system? Is it something on the newer Jeeps? Is it better than the one I have? The seller hasn't answered me in 3 days and I'm filing a claim against him. It's a nice top and I want to kind of keep it, but I'm not seeing anything for my Jeep for a cable system and what the cost would be.

I assume you are referring to the cable that runs from the rear to the front on each side? If so I know the newer tops have those as my JKU does, my TJU has the plastic clips that insert into the door surrounds which is what I am thinking you are referring too.

The cables don’t connect to anything on the Jeep so I don’t think there is an extra cost. My concern would be is how the softop terminates at the doors. I think the one with the cable sits in a groove and since it sounds like your groove is on the bottom of the door surrounds is it just sitting there? Or did the top come with new door surrounds? I know my bestop came with new door surrounds.