Soft Top Care

Keep it clean. Especially the zippers. Wash the top with a soft brush, warm water and a little mild detergent like Dawn dish soap. There is a bestop cleaning kit you could get, but a gentle detergent is all you need.

When cleaning the windows, ALWAYS wet them down before wiping. I do like the Bestop protectant for the windows.

The zippers need lube as well, I've used ski wax, canning wax, candles... All kinda work but silicone spray lube is what I've settled on. Mopar and Bestop have a product, too.

Reactions: Appalachia Man
check this out.
we just gotta new replace-a-top from bestop... need to order cleaning kit for maintenance.

good advice by all members here. i would add, DONT use a brush of anything aggressive on the windows. ALWAYS rinse first and ONLY use clean microfiber rag of mitten to wipe down.
UV is a plastic/vinyl killer. try to park in shade and garage/carport when you can.

check this out.
we just gotta new replace-a-top from bestop... need to order cleaning kit for maintenance.

good advice by all members here. i would add, DONT use a brush of anything aggressive on the windows. ALWAYS rinse first and ONLY use clean microfiber rag of mitten to wipe down.
UV is a plastic/vinyl killer. try to park in shade and garage/carport when you can.
I use a damp chamois after washing my Jeep to clean the windows.

Fluid Film is a nice lubricant for the zippers. Really, any wax based lube work for the zippers. And 100%, as others stated, some type of carport or coverage extends the life beyond the average span.

Reactions: Largehit71 and mrjp