So, Dana ‘ultimate' 60 ain't so ultimate

lordlochwood

So, trying to get a front hub for my 2008 JKU Dana/spicer d60 ultimate front axle, and the POS Dana/spicer Corp doesn’t have any, the parts industry doesn’t have any and Dana/spicer is ‘estimating’...ESTIMATING that it will be May 2021 before they’ll have any available.
How can any company, let alone, an AMERICAN company sell full axles and then not have a sufficient supply in the pipeline to take care of customer needs. What are we supposed to do, not drive? I don’t care if we are now living in the age of COVID. The simple fact is the Corp blockheads in their ivory towers make millions and their customers get...💩
I will never EVER buy another vehicle that uses Dana/Spicer parts again!
No one even makes a replacement hub, but I sure can get the bearings, races, and seals! Why the heck didn’t they just use the rest of the Dodge truck parts when they used darn near everything else?

Damn, that's really shitty. Surely there must be some sort of option, no?

If I was going to get a Dana 60, the only place I'd ever get it from would be RockJock (Currie). Have you called them? My guess is they have hubs, the question is will they fit your axle?

Damn, that's really shitty. Surely there must be some sort of option, no?

If I was going to get a Dana 60, the only place I'd ever get it from would be RockJock (Currie). Have you called them? My guess is they have hubs, the question is will they fit your axle?
Chris, thanks, will check with RockJock, but from what I’ve researched, Dana chose to not use a RAM/Dodge part and made their own hub (probably Chinese!), but the bearings, seals, and hub locks are common... tried reaching out to Dana/spicer helpdesk, and they are no smarter that local auto store people...look ata a computer screen and say “duh...” if only we still had people that picked up a caliper (not a brake...) and did some measuring to see if there was another part that would work.

Chris, thanks, will check with RockJock, but from what I’ve researched, Dana chose to not use a RAM/Dodge part and made their own hub (probably Chinese!), but the bearings, seals, and hub locks are common... tried reaching out to Dana/spicer helpdesk, and they are no smarter that local auto store people...look ata a computer screen and say “duh...” if only we still had people that picked up a caliper (not a brake...) and did some measuring to see if there was another part that would work.

Yeah, it sounds to me like you're going to have to talk to someone who is actually knowledgeable about this stuff outside of Dana / Spicer. Like I said, RockJock would likely know for sure.

Seems crazy that they would make something like this without a good supply of the parts to support it.