So are you ever finished?

Largehit71

JK Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Does there ever come a time when you look at your Jeep and say “ It’s exactly the way I want it .” Lol. Just wondering because I spend a lot of my free time either in the Jeep or putting something new on the Jeep or thinking about putting something new on the Jeep or browsing the web for something new to put on my Jeep . I think I think too much about my Jeep. 😂

I gave up playing golf about the same time I bought my current Jeep. I've also been married for 22 years and my wife and I have always kept our separate banking accounts, etc. So, while she might say something like, "Oh, I see you got a new driver..." or, "New putter, eh?" She never really meant much by it.
Spending the same kind of money on the Jeep doesn't elicit a single word from her. Know why? Because she experiences the Jeep and occasionally, I'll give her the keys. She owns a Lexus "SUV" (the " "" are on purpose, because who really goes off-road in a Lexus?) that I can never seem to get comfortable in even though the seats can be adjusted with about 5 different buttons.
She has her vehicle and I have mine, but the bottom line is I can spend money on the Jeep and not get the comments I did when buying golf clubs. Besides, my golf game got to a point where it didn't matter what I did or spent, it wasn't getting any better. I can always make the Jeep better.

Reactions: Largehit71
I haven’t played golf since I bought the Jeep. I’ll never break 80 and find if I’m going to be out in the the oppressive SE Missouri heat It’s going to be in the Jeep with the top down and the doors off. It’s also a great way for my and son and I to spend time together . We camp and swim all the time now and enjoy the ride there and back. I love the fact he enjoys the Jeep as much as I do.

Reactions: Anybodyhome
I haven’t played golf since I bought the Jeep. I’ll never break 80 and find if I’m going to be out in the the oppressive SE Missouri heat It’s going to be in the Jeep with the top down and the doors off. It’s also a great way for my and son and I to spend time together . We camp and swim all the time now and enjoy the ride there and back. I love the fact he enjoys the Jeep as much as I do.
So that means you'll be taking care of that Jeep for a long time and you'll ultimately toss him the keys one day. Way to go, dad!

Reactions: JeepLuvr1954
I am actually super happy with how my Jeep is set up. I might add some lights and some interior storage stuff, but other than some small things I really think it is good.

With that being said, I am looking for a Cherokee Chief or a FJ40 to build. lol

Gotta say, I don't think it ever reaches an end for the people who like making the Jeep "theirs" and different than any other. Jad the same issue on my Duramax in the past - spent $15,000 over the tmyeaes on it and STILL wasn't done when I sold it to buy the Jeep. Modifiers are a different breed...not sorry 😂