Smittybilt 9075235 Black Diamond Replacement Top

MrHally

Just bought the

Smittybilt 9075235 Black Diamond Replacement Top for my wife’s 2016 2 door JK. I really love the product only one problem. Back window is about an inch and a half too short and now I have a gap between the back tailgate and the bottom of the window. I already tried to contact Smittybilt, but I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem? I checked to see if this would fit my specific vehicle and, I was told by the website yes it would fit. If Smittybilt doesn’t help, Do you guys think I could put some type of weatherstripping across the bottom? I almost think they sent me the wrong window in the back. The install was fairly easy and like I said I’m pretty happy with it except this one problem I will post the pictures below please tell me what you guys think, I appreciate it, happy holidays please help me out here.​

346BBF83-C4A0-4BB3-82FE-744B27C82905.jpeg

DA248D8B-BADC-4776-B3C5-3AE92E982E76.jpeg

I can’t exactly tell from the pictures but my son has a soft top and he had similar problem. I went out and looked at it and we noticed the bottom piece slid on / off and someone had slid it on the wrong way (bought the Jeep used). We slid it off and put on the correct way and it solved the problem. From tbt pictures looks like yours may be the same issue, I just couldn’t exactly tell.

Reactions: MrHally
I can’t exactly tell from the pictures but my son has a soft top and he had similar problem. I went out and looked at it and we noticed the bottom piece slid on / off and someone had slid it on the wrong way (bought the Jeep used). We slid it off and put on the correct way and it solved the problem. From tbt pictures looks like yours may be the same issue, I just couldn’t exactly tell.
I’m gonna go out & test your theory. Thanks Brother

I’m gonna go out & test your theory. Thanks Brother
Yo! It worked lol. I feel silly but thanks a million 👍🏼

5FC2BE0E-0AAC-4B17-BFB2-5D0441ECE47B.jpeg

Reactions: mrjp and JeepJeezy
Glad it worked. My son had taken his top off one day and when he put it back on told him it didn’t look right. He said that was how it was when he bought it. Wasn’t going to argue with him. Then he text me one day and says “you think this will work to close the gap?” When he got home I decided to go look at it again. That is when he came out and we ended up noticing the trim was on wrong. Glad it worked out for you.