Sloppy steering

09 olllllllo

Help.. I have an 09 wrangler that has very sloppy steering to the point that you just go where it takes you…. We replaced the steering stabilizer, tie rods, pitman arm, new power steering box, drag links, ball joints… what could be causing this… The only thing we didn’t replace was the control arm, could that be the problem?? Thanks!!!

Any lift on it? I am not sure, but if the control arms are bad that might cause it as it might make the caster off.

Help.. I have an 09 wrangler that has very sloppy steering to the point that you just go where it takes you…. We replaced the steering stabilizer, tie rods, pitman arm, new power steering box, drag links, ball joints… what could be causing this… The only thing we didn’t replace was the control arm, could that be the problem?? Thanks!!!
I have a 3 1/2” lift and we replaced ball joints, tie rods etc…

A 3 1/2" lift definitely needs adjustable control arms. If they are not, they will cause a pull every time the frame flexes.

Adjustable control arms also allow you to adjust caster which helps your steering wheel return to center more easily after turning. If you lift your jeep (generally more than 3") without caster correction, the front caster angles may become more negative, creating "flighty" steering.