Skid plate questions

Bfunck

Good afternoon. I am new to the jeep world. So last week me and the wife went and bought a used 2017 JK 2 door. So far we are in love and having fun just driving around. I need a little help with some of my OCD issues. The jeep came equipped with a aftermarket winch bumper. I want to put a front skid plate to protect steering components but not sure what bumper I have....also what skid plate will go with the current bumper. We are NOT full blown wheeling the Jeep but we do live seconds away from the New Jesresy Pine Barrens and want to go exploring. Looking for a little help for a newbe

20240315_101952.jpg

20240315_102004.jpg

20240315_143149.jpg

I am not certain, but it looks like a Barricade brand. It looks like they just added the bumper and ignored the extra elements for fitting a winch.

I am not certain, but it looks like a Barricade brand. It looks like they just added the bumper and ignored the extra elements for fitting a winch.
I agree with Duster. It totally looks like a Barricade Trail Force HD bumper (but really shiny - LOL!). I haven't seen any other manufacturers/distributors with bumpers that look exactly like that one, but like you, my wife and I have not had our 2017 JK 2-door very long. The bumper that came with ours when we bought it is a Hooke Road, but we have seen our exact bumper from at least one other "manufacturer" (Nilight). I think lots of companies buy from the same Chinese manufacturers and slap their label on it.

Barricade does make a skid plate specifically for that bumper:
https://www.barricadeoffroad.com/pr...hd-bumper-j20850-only-10-18-jeep-wrangler-jk/
but you may be able to find better deals from other suppliers such as Extreme Terrain or even Amazon.

Hope this helps!

Dave