Shorted turn signal light

lps83

Hi everyone,

I'm facing a strange issue with my JK. My front left traffic light doesn't work on my JK (it has never worked since I got the car ).
After using a multimeter, I noticed that the signal is shorted with the ground. I'm getting the errors code : B163C and B1644.

B1644 is related to the rear, but the light is blinking normally. I tried to trooblrshit the issue. While the front harness is not connected to the fuse box, not short. The short is only present when the bit harness coming from the cabin is connected to the box.

It's driving me nuts !!!!

Thanks for your help.

Let's start with what it does do.

Does the light ever come on? Meaning, when you turn the lights on, does the light come on and just not blink? Do you have LED headlights or the OEM standard headlights?

If not, I'm guessing you have tried switching out the bulb? Right? Are you using the standard bulb type and not an LED type (Don't use an LED for this)

I'm fairly sure that the turn signals are controlled by the computer, so the harness would not go directly to the fuse box. With the current information I see two possibilities:
1. There is a break or cut in the wire leading to the bulb socket, possibly due to a previous owner tapping into that wire for some reason.
2. Something is wrong with your multifunction switch (the stalk that had your headlights, turn signals, etc that is on the steering column) These can go bad and cause some strange effects.

Please respond with:
1. Type of headlights you have
2. That you have replaced the bulb and that it's not an LED bulb, but a standard one.
3. Does the light ever turn on in any circumstances?

37-6126-14.jpg copy.jpg

My problem is this light. Yes, I tried a new one since the old owner taped the connector. I cut and put in a new connector. Then realized that it was not working. I have never seen this light blinking. I thought about the switch, but the rest of the lights are flashing correctly.
Edit : same issue with the left one.

Last edited:
IMG_1322.jpg

The short appears I soon as I plug the green connector, which is the front harness. Maybe my new TIPM is defective ...

So the light never comes on even when the headlights are on?

Do the Halo's on those headlights work? If it's the ones I think they are, the Prev Owner would have been required to tap into the blinker wire to get the halo's to work. My thought is that the problem is close to the lights, and not near the fuse box. Look for the short behind the headlight.