Sent it a bit too hard (P0406 and C2200 codes)

Keatsmageats

Just had a fantastic time out in some sand dunes, my first time in terrain like that. Went great until the ABS, ESP, and emergency brake light all came on. I gave it a break, looked it over, and couldn't see anything hugely wrong so I carefully drove it home. On the way back the check engine came on, I read two codes, a P0406 (possibly EGR valve?) and a C2200 (ABS "module internal"). I know there are some other forums about replacing the front wheel speed sensor, but those don't mention the emergency brake light or the engine codes. Is this all related and do I just need to clean everything? Or did a bunch of separate stuff just break and I should take everything individually?
Any thoughts are appreciated

The first thing to do in this situation is clear the codes with a code reader and see if they come back. There's a good chance they will go away and not come back, as sometimes stuff like this can happen after wheeling. Do that first, then report back.

Alright, I feel a bit dumb for panicking now. I cleaned out everything really well, spent a few minutes just sitting underneath with a pressure washer to get all the sand out. I also ordered some new headlights a while back, so I took the opportunity to leave my battery disconnected for a bit and put the new lights in. The codes haven't come back up yet, I think I'm fine. Thanks

Reactions: mrjp