Security without doors

KCsJKU

*update- I'm looking specifically on how to prevent my Jeep from being stolen. Ideas on a kill switch or something to prevent it from being stolen.

It's almost topless time, in the south at least. Im curious (and couldn't find previous posts) on how y'all keep your Jeeps secure without the top or doors. I'm getting the under seat lock box, but mainly looking at protecting the jeep from theft.

Last edited:
My honest opinion is that if you have the top and doors off your Jeep, you should leave everything unlocked. Having the glovebox or center console locked is just inviting someone to start breaking things to get into them.

I always leave my Jeep 100% unlocked when the soft top is on, the top is off, or the doors are off.

I'd rather have someone willingly go through it and find there is nothing to steal.

You could get the under seat lock box of course if you want to hide something very valuable, but that obviously doesn't stop someone from stealing the whole vehicle if they want to.

Reactions: KCsJKU
My honest opinion is that if you have the top and doors off your Jeep, you should leave everything unlocked. Having the glovebox or center console locked is just inviting someone to start breaking things to get into them.

I always leave my Jeep 100% unlocked when the soft top is on, the top is off, or the doors are off.

I'd rather have someone willingly go through it and find there is nothing to steal.

You could get the under seat lock box of course if you want to hide something very valuable, but that obviously doesn't stop someone from stealing the whole vehicle if they want to.
Agreed, I leave everything unlocked because I'd rather clean up a mess than replace a broken console. I'm more looking at how to protect the Jeep from being stolen. I have a manual, so that should deter millennials lol.

Reactions: Chris
X2

I have not locked my wranglers all year round.
And of course I live with a simple life, so maybe the city guys think otherwise.

Reactions: KCsJKU
X2

I have not locked my wranglers all year round.
And of course I live with a simple life, so maybe the city guys think otherwise.
Sorry, I need to update my post. Im looking more for how to prevent them actually stealing my Jeep. I never leave valuables in there, so leaving it unlocked isn't an issue.

I got my son installed a hidden camera (motion activated) with the option to look at it on my cell phone remotely.