Securing a floor jack

Barista210

Hello Everyone!

My wife and I just bought a 2008 Wrangler Sahara. From what I can tell, people tend to prefer farm jacks (hi-lift jacks) but we're kinda using what we have until we recover from this purchase :) I have a floor jack that gets high enough to lift the Jeep comfortably and since it didn't come with a jack I'm trying to figure out how to secure or mount a floor jack. Any suggestions?

Hello Everyone!

My wife and I just bought a 2008 Wrangler Sahara. From what I can tell, people tend to prefer farm jacks (hi-lift jacks) but we're kinda using what we have until we recover from this purchase :) I have a floor jack that gets high enough to lift the Jeep comfortably and since it didn't come with a jack I'm trying to figure out how to secure or mount a floor jack. Any suggestions?

Hilifts are kinda a love-hate thing, and they can be super dangerous (to you and the Jeep) if you're not careful. Also kinda limited where you can stick a hilift unless you have a lot of steel to jack from (sliders/bumpers).

The suggested bottle jack is great and they make axle adapters for them to make them more useful.

Reactions: Jermbob28