Running wires through firewall

tsetsefly1

JK Enthusiast
I have found if you remove the passenger side, side panel, there should be a foam hole to run through some wiring to the battery. Does anyone else have any good spots to run some wiring to the battery? Preferably passenger side but I could do drivers side as well.

Reactions: Chris
This seems to be a popular location on both the driver and passenger side:

1613663523455.png

This is where I plan on running the wires to my aux light switch, which will be mounted about where that red button above the speaker is in this photo (this isn't my JK).

Another pic, this one from the passenger side:

1613663724445.png

View attachment 118039

This is where I plan on running the wires to my aux light switch, which will be mounted about where that red button above the speaker is in this photo (this isn't my JK).

View attachment 118040
Nice! Good to know it's a reputable location.

View attachment 118039

View attachment 118040
Agreed, good to know. I want to add a light bar at some point but didn't want to butcher up anything to run the wiring.

There's another good spot if you have an automatic where the clutch would go through I believe. I just remember there being a pass through when I was wiring up my relays. Love that hole to the fender though

Reactions: tsetsefly1
Also where the main wire harness that passes through on the passenger side it has a rubber boot. The PO's shoved a 2ga cable through there for a Amp to the battery. They took the Amp when it was sold so I used the hole they made in the boot to run a supply wire from the battery to a terminal block behind my Glovebox so I can tap into it for auxiliary power for future wiring needs. This is on my 2008 so I don't know if all the JK's are like that or not.

Reactions: mrjp and tsetsefly1

View attachment 118039

View attachment 118040
Do you know where this pops out in the engine compartment? I'm looking at it and for the life of me I have no idea.