Rugged Ridge Arcus Bumpers

JKFred

I've gotten tired of the big chucks of iron, bumpers, I've seen on most Jeeps including mine. They work great if you're a hard core off roader, but for most, they seem like more show than go. I saw that Rugged Ridge had the Arcus Front Bumper for the JK/Jl. It looked good and got one for my Jeep. I wanted a rear one to match. So I called RR to get one and they said there were no plans to make a rear one for the JK but I could call Omix ADA the parent company to see if they're developing one. They said they were not. The reason why the front one was made is that the front frame on both the JK and JL are the same, but the back frame is narrower on the JL. Not taking no for an answer (I hear from my wife way to often, if you know what I mean), I decided to get one and see if I could adapt it. I was able to score one for $60 less than advertised from Jeep and Truck Parts in Hatfield, PA. Great guys and super customer service! What I did was make an adapter plate out of 1/4 steel, drill hole to align the mounting with the bumper, drilled holes in the frame to match and bolted it up. I was trying to avoid welding although I may cut the end where you see the bolts and weld it there. Some might say that I might bend the bumper or frame because it's not perfectly centered over the frame. If I need a tow from the back, I'm going to use the hitch anyway. Below are the pictures. I did have to put in spacers to allow for room to mount the buper because of the cuve so that's why there's a gap. But I think I can live with that. But as anybody knows, you're always tinkering with something on your Jeep.
IMG_0630.jpg
IMG_0629.jpg
IMG_0629.jpg
IMG_0628.jpg
IMG_0627.jpg

Those big iron chunks of metal are a lot better than the plastic crap Jeep put on its vehicles. Yes it does look good and if some idiot hits me from the front or rear, they are going to feel it a lot worse then me (nothing to do with off-roading). My pic is a n old one, bumpers are now Smittybilt!

Reactions: Dlcain
Those big iron chunks of metal are a lot better than the plastic crap Jeep put on its vehicles. Yes it does look good and if some idiot hits me from the front or rear, they are going to feel it a lot worse then me (nothing to do with off-roading). My pic is a n old one, bumpers are now Smittybilt!
I understand what you're saying, see pictures. Had the Jeep for 4 months when a woman turned in front of me. But stuff happens. You don't put a big iron frame on the back and front of your wife's car. Yeah I know, some people , do, but generally, you don't. I get hit, I've got insurance and hopefully they do. That's life.
IMG_0079.jpg
1BED2DD6-.jpg
D66CE0E1-.jpg

Reactions: Dlcain
The idea that you don't want your vehicle damaged in a crash is a mistake. All that damage is kinetic energy that did not get transferred to the passenger compartment. Cars are a lot easier to repair or replace than people.