Rubicon Build (Upgraded Bumpers)

FLCoastJK

Finally got around to upgrading from the stock bumpers. The new front one is crazy solid and heavy. Next up winch and front lighting...

Stock Front.jpg
New Front.jpg
Stock Rear.jpg
New Rear.jpg

Reactions: Saher and mrjp
@kaywhit73 They have only been on for about a week, so far so good. The winch plate had 2 places where small parts of the powder coat came off, which I touched up with black paint.

A local paint guy said that you have to acid etch the bumpers before priming and painting, which most folks don't do, to get the coating to stay for good. He also said he would charge about 350/bumper to redo if needed, so I am going to let it go for a while first...

Reactions: kaywhit73 and mrjp
@kaywhit73 They have only been on for about a week, so far so good. The winch plate had 2 places where small parts of the powder coat came off, which I touched up with black paint.

A local paint guy said that you have to acid etch the bumpers before priming and painting, which most folks don't do, to get the coating to stay for good. He also said he would charge about 350/bumper to redo if needed, so I am going to let it go for a while first...
I see, thanks for elaborating!