SpelWurdsRite

I just had a Rock Krawler 3.5 in adventure series long arm installed on my 2010 Sahara (4 link in rear, not the 3 link). As I was driving home, there was very loud clunking coming from the rear every time I hit any sort of bump or sizable crack in the road. I figured it was the old arms, springs, shocks and such rattling around in the "trunk" until I hit a speed bump and felt the entire body contact really hard against something. Under further inspection, it appears the rear upper arms contact with the bolt in the body mounts under the rear doors, with only 1/4 inch of gap between the arm and body mount when sitting stationary. I took it back to the shop and the shop manager took a look and said no one ever does the 4 link and he has no experience with them, therefore he's unsure as to why this is occurring. After researching multiple forums for a while, i found other people have this same problem but only when fully flexed. Does anyone have any thoughts on this problem?

I'm thinking I may have to get different mounts set up in the rear or try putting a smaller bolt or something in the rear. The tecs at the shop willl be llooking at this problem here in 4 days when I can get the jeep back over there.

Did they set the bump stop accordingly? My guess is no. If the bump stop is properly set, the link mounts shouldn't be able to bottom out on anything, because the bump stops will prevent that from happening.

Did they set the bump stop accordingly? My guess is no. If the bump stop is properly set, the link mounts shouldn't be able to bottom out on anything, because the bump stops will prevent that from happening.
Well, the problem is the upper rear control arms sit less than a 1/4 inch from the bolt on the body mounts so Bump stops will do nothing unless I put a huge spacer in there and make the rear ride on the bump stops 24/7. I’ll see if I can figure out how to add pictures so it’s a little easier to visualize the problem.

Did you call Rock Krawler about this? I would have to assume they have run into this before. Is it possible something was installed incorrectly?

Did you call Rock Krawler about this? I would have to assume they have run into this before. Is it possible something was installed incorrectly?
The shop manager called them up and has been discussing with them and other shops to see what the deal is, I’m thinking maybe something is installed wrong because of how wonky the arms are sitting

Here’s some of the pictures I promised
8BE3A305-11CC-4178-845C-0C44AD4FE50F.jpeg

00787204-7E32-4850-975C-8BC4C21E939B.jpeg

1BEBD58B-BB76-4E70-9783-97C406387570.jpeg

That's not installed right, the installer should have noticed that before it left the building.

Reactions: Chris
That’s basically what my conclusion has come to. I took a good look at the brackets mounting position on both sides and with my little experience, I’m unable to determine whether they are too high on the frame or just in the wrong spot entirely...

I can send what pictures I have of the brackets mounting spot when I have better service

I
I just found the instructions for the kits they sell but they list 6 different Adventure kit instructions. http://rockkrawler.com/instructions/

You'll have to link us to the one you have.
I went through the instructions and discovered they were for the old kits, it appears they have different mounts for the rear now

There’s the link to the current system I have installed; I’ll take a look through the directions on their website again.

I

I went through the instructions and discovered they were for the old kits, it appears they have different mounts for the rear now

There’s the link to the current system I have installed; I’ll take a look through the directions on their website again.
It seems the advanced stage 4 coilover extreme whatever install instructions have my answer in plain black and white with pictures; they must have forgot this step...
B5FF7BD5-3452-4929-942F-7D5E44EBD429.png