Retro Jeep Wrangler JK 2-door

If I get rid of my back seat, that roll bar is a cool change. I would probably go with a front hoop and center spreader bars for a little rigidity. Also, these wheels...

I really miss my first CJ. An '82 with the 258 (dumped the BBD and got a 350cfm Holley), T-176 4 spd (after 2 T-4's) and a bulletproof (well, almost) D300. Only gripe was the horrible 2.73 gears....

I like the theme but I think the roll bar is a bit off. The angle should match the windshield angle, the diameter is too small, and it should be slightly taller than the windshield. It should make a frameless soft top look .... correct.

But I love the concept...

10671322_395231450633038_5019377020802939649_n.jpg

Reactions: Chris
I like the theme but I think the roll bar is a bit off. The angle should match the windshield angle, the diameter is too small, and it should be slightly taller than the windshield. It should make a frameless soft top look .... correct.

But I love the concept...

View attachment 114566
I actually 100% agree, and I wanted that look, but the reason it’s a bit shorter is so my hardtop can still fit... the CJ’s had a taller hardtop then the JK’s that are flush with the top of the windshield, but it’ll do until I somehow modify a soft top

Next week I’m planning on trading for some 35x12.50r15’s !! Super excited, it’ll complete the look for sure!
Now I’m thinking... should I paint the wheels Silver ? Maybe even chrome (if possible) like the renegade oem CJ ones?

I think what color you paint the wheels largely depends on the vehicle. However, if yours is black, you can get away with just about anything. I'm not sure about chrome though personally. I think I like silver more.

Very nice ride. Is the idea to change the size of the wheels going to affect your differences in gear ratios for example?

Wow, I really like the look and feel of your ride. Such a cool idea for a project. I'm excited to follow this as you continue on your build.

Here’s an update,
My main goal for this project is basically to replicate the “Jeep Shortcut” concept from Easter Jeep Safari.
7DFBCB7B-B7A8-4578-AE3F-A1E925842DFA.jpeg

I’m planning on adding
-15 in wheels
- raising the sport bar an inch or so
- adding a CJ7 style fold down tailgate
- finding a way to put on a factory soft top, onto the CJ Roll bar

let me know if you have any ideas, suggestions, or comments ! Thanks for the support

C375FB82-5B0B-4330-8BB6-CE39F3811CEB.jpeg

7B860946-12E3-4843-98B5-26A601128F85.jpeg

On the roll-bars, are you having to order or are you having them fabricated locally? Make sure to use the strongest alloy steel you can find, no cheap Chinese junk metal if local fabrication is taking place.

On the roll-bars, are you having to order or are you having them fabricated locally? Make sure to use the strongest alloy steel you can find, no cheap Chinese junk metal if local fabrication is taking place.
It was a used roll bar from a CJ7 that a buddy of mine had fabricated for us on the strongest points

FIAT ruined the Renegade name IMO.

I won't do it if I were you. That name does not look good on newer models since FIAT disgraced the name.

1591312719988.png

Last edited: