Retro Jeep Wrangler JK 2-door

Like the bumper change, looks very period correct.
Maybe change the plastic fenders to the steel with the plastic edge on them like the original Renegade?

1608055967336.png

The original rear fender was a radius, but it had a relatively small plastic fender around the wheel well. Would be very subtle and maybe unnoticeable.

1608056062053.png

Reactions: mrjp and Chris
one of my favorites.
I appreciate all the positive replies ! I know there’s a concern when it comes to safety, but I’ve always loved and wanted a CJ, but as a Student with a local job, it’s unpractical, so I decided to create a tribute, due to the Extremely similar and iconic body style between the 2 door JK and CJ7’s, but still have a brand new, reliable daily driver that can still take me out on the trails.

let me know of any other ideas to make this come to life ! I want to get it as close as I can to a throwback, I really do appreciate it !

View attachment 114170

View attachment 114172

View attachment 114173
I absolutely love the retro look of this JK. I too was looking for a decent CJ but couldn't find one for sale that wasn't full of problems. They're pretty rare here in the UK!!! Given up looking now and I will be picking this JK up on Saturday. It's a 2007 with only 28K miles so should be a relaible daily driver...and I would love it look like yours. Can I ask you a few questions? Did you get the roll bar fabricated or is it something available as an aftermarket modification? How does it work with rear seatbelts...are there fixings within the roll bar? Have you noticed any scuttle shake from removing the stock roll cage....ie has it lost any rigidity? TIA

bdd12a9537844506812283bbb3b84b8b.jpg

I had a 71 CJ5 with that bar.
I rolled it over one time and landed it on it's side. Luckily I had bolted a shoulder belt in and walked away with no injuries!
My friends came over, and we rolled it back on it's wheels. I drove it home,but the windshield and frame were wrecked.
I think it is a great looking rig!