Replacement radiator

clinter36

Can someone explain to me why it seems that every single brand all aluminum radiator seems to leak after a few months... ? (according to reviews)

Are they all built by the same company and thus have the same problems (they all look identical to me) or is there an inherent problem with an all aluminum radiator and the way the vehicle flexes or something ?

A friend of mines father ran a company that built radiators in china and I know he had contracts to build radiators for many of the auto parts stores - O'reilly, etc

Bottom line, I need a new radiator. I would love to buy something that I felt was higher quality, better cooling, etc but I am not convinced I am going to get something that actually lasts longer than a stock radiator, or even as long as stock. As far as aftermarket radiators go, they all look the same, probably all come out of the same factory - but I would like to think there is a better quality one out there somewhere......

Anybody have a good experience with any radiators ?

Reactions: mrjp and BLACKJKU
Can someone explain to me why it seems that every single brand all aluminum radiator seems to leak after a few months... ? (according to reviews)

Are they all built by the same company and thus have the same problems (they all look identical to me) or is there an inherent problem with an all aluminum radiator and the way the vehicle flexes or something ?

A friend of mines father ran a company that built radiators in china and I know he had contracts to build radiators for many of the auto parts stores - O'reilly, etc

Bottom line, I need a new radiator. I would love to buy something that I felt was higher quality, better cooling, etc but I am not convinced I am going to get something that actually lasts longer than a stock radiator, or even as long as stock. As far as aftermarket radiators go, they all look the same, probably all come out of the same factory - but I would like to think there is a better quality one out there somewhere......

Anybody have a good experience with any radiators ?

I've looked into that too. What I've taken away from it is that that area of the Jeep likes to flex.

Not so much a problem for plastic, but it causes aluminum to crack. Apparently it's the passenger side that is the common area to leak.

I haven't replaced mine yet, but I'm thinking about it.