Remote starter question

ErnDog

Supporting Member
I just bought and returned a 12Volt remote starter for the wife's JK, after I received it, then I read the instructions, should have done that first, anyway I needed to have a key OEM fob if I was to use there product. Has anyone had any experience with these, I'm hoping to get a plug and play remote that comes all in one or at least one that I could purchase a fob at little cost ? Thanks

Hey @ErnDog, it's hard to tell about your current setup from your post. Do you have the factory keyless entry system on your JK? If you do, is your fob aftermarket, or do you not have a fob at all? Do you have power locks and windows?

Hey @ErnDog, it's hard to tell about your current setup from your post. Do you have the factory keyless entry system on your JK? If you do, is your fob aftermarket, or do you not have a fob at all? Do you have power locks and windows?
No fob, windows and doors all manual, just two keys. I was looking at crutchfield remote and it sounds like that might do what I need, just want to be able to start remotely when the doors are locked manually. I'm going to call them next week just to make sure.

Reactions: Savior_Six
No fob, windows and doors all manual, just two keys. I was looking at crutchfield remote and it sounds like that might do what I need, just want to be able to start remotely when the doors are locked manually. I'm going to call them next week just to make sure.
Oh yeah. Making a call 1st would be the thing to do. Let us know how it works out.

as long as you have an automatic transmission, a remote starter is easy. Check out MPC starters on Amazon...I have purchased two of them and they work great and are dead easy to install. You can order them to work with the factory fob, or with a one button external fob.

Reactions: mrjp