Regearing for 35" Tires

MKempf

Thanks in advance:

I have a 2014 2-Door Wrangler Sport with a 3.6 and 6-Speed Manual Transmission and 3:73 Gears. I'm installing a 3.5" Suspension Lift and purchasing 35" Tires this is my daily driver so I use it on the Highway mostly with the occasional weekend off-road excursion. On weekend trips its going through the local back woods trails running through the mud holes and not a lot of rock climbing. I would like to know what gearing I should go with? I want to be able to use 6th gear on the Highway while getting the best gas mileage possible. (Yes I know its a jeep but if I can gain a few MPG's by using one set of gears compared to another then that needs to be part of the decision) and I also don’t want to rev the shit out of it to get moving with the bigger tires causing my clutch to burn up faster. If I have to spend the money on the gearing I don't want to get the wrong set up. I want a one and done scenario instead of well maybe I should of got this gear instead and have to drop more money. A middle of the road option is what I want. That is why I'm asking for this groups advice. Also I will not be going to 37" tires 35's are it. So I'm only concerned about 35's thank you for the help in advance.

1632800383647.png

Based on this information, a 4.10 or a 4.56 will be your best bets.
That being said, I have a 4-door auto with 3.73 and 35s and my off-roading is about like yours and I have no issues. But if I was forced to make a call, it would be a 4.10.

I have a 2012 4dr with a 2.5" lift, 35" tires and 4.56 gears. I chose 4.56 with the intent to eventually go with 37" tires. 1st gear is definitely "granny gear", but 6th gear feels right to get me down the highway comfortably at 70mph. I won't go to 37s now due to garage door height(only 1 1/2 of clearance with 35s) and kinda wish I'd have gone with 4.10 gears now.

I have 35's and removed 3.21 and put in 4.56. It put me in the upper part of the power band and I love it. A definite noticeable difference.

Reactions: mrjp