rear wheel stud replacement issue

killasteez187

first time jeep owner (08 wrangler unlimited) and self taught youtube mechanic so please forgive my ignorance. im having some trouble getting my studs to pull through on the rear hub. i triple checked the size they are indeed 1/2" 20s. but for some reason they absolutely will NOT thread in all the way. the brand is dorman and im wondering if maybe the threads are a tad too big on the studs? just curious if anyones ever come across this issue or maybe there is another brand that would work better. ANY ADVICE is appreciated. thanks a lot guys!

Are you sure the studs are all the way seated in the axle flange? After you torque the studs down and then retorque them it should pull them all the way so they are seated. But it would be good to recheck them after driving a couple miles.

first time jeep owner (08 wrangler unlimited) and self taught youtube mechanic so please forgive my ignorance. im having some trouble getting my studs to pull through on the rear hub. i triple checked the size they are indeed 1/2" 20s. but for some reason they absolutely will NOT thread in all the way. the brand is dorman and im wondering if maybe the threads are a tad too big on the studs? just curious if anyones ever come across this issue or maybe there is another brand that would work better. ANY ADVICE is appreciated. thanks a lot guys!
When I did my WJ's studs I made sure to place the splines where the old ones were. Then I placed a few washers on the stud, then the Acorn and then used a breaker bar to seat them the whole way. Didn't have any power tools but the breaker bar worked perfectly.

thanks guys! got her all set. guess i was just bein a wuss the first time around. i just really didnt wanna strip anything
No worries. Matter of fact, I have to replace a stud on one of my front hubs. When I had my balancing issue last week, I noticed one of them was a little buggered up, so I'll replace that.

Wheel studs are a very under-appreciated and not often inspected part of the wheel. Really, everytime your wheels are rotated or any chance you get during a brake job or something similar, you gotta take a good look at these. Too many shops out there with guys who just take the pneumatic impact wrench and torque it until it stops without paying much attention.