Rear seat won't stay in folded position on 2-door JK

Tomk

First thanks for the Ad. Wife & I are 1st time jeep owners, 2015 2 door Willys pkg. Our question is how do you keep the rear seat to stay in the folded position up against the front seats without slamming back down when you drive, or accelerate. It does not stay locked against the front seats if im explaining right. Not sure if its broke or I am missing something. Thanks

I found the same thing. Nothing is broke or missing. I am also a 1st time Jeep owner with the same pkg as yours. I stretched a bungee cord across behind the folded seat and hooked it under the rail below the windows. It works.

I removed the headrests for better visibility. But I see your point. That back seat is too hard to access anyway. Even my 5 yr old nephew couldn't get in on the passenger side. He was able to climb thru between the front seats.

If you don’t use the rear seat just take it out. Very easy to do and adds room for cargo. ( you know , beer and other camping staples)

Reactions: RB11
I realize this is an older thread, but as a new JK 2 door owner I was surprised to find no retention for the seat in the tumbled forward position. As a last resort I referred to the manual and thought "you've got to be kidding me." I've never owned any other 2 door hatch style vehicle that specifically states not to allow the folded rear seats while driving... crazy

Screenshot_20231102-194357~3.png

Reactions: BigAL07
Anyone tried one of these? It says it's only for 07-12. Did something change on the rear seat after '12??

http://www.dietechoffroad.com/products/jkseatretainer.htm

I'll have to go look at my '16 and try to do a visual compatibility check. 🤔
I pulled the trigger for ~$40... Yeah there are other cheaper solutions but it didn't break the bank and I was curious. Simple, but quality made piece. Fits nicely around the crossbar. Just enough clearance so it will slide but doesn't wobble. It can be left attached, but not engaged, at all times and doesn't interfere with folding the seat back up:

PXL_20231231_192044828.jpg

PXL_20231231_192106654.jpg

PXL_20231231_192141675.jpg

Reactions: BigAL07