Rear Cargo Storage

Daddyo2373

JK Enthusiast
Ride of the Month Winner
So I'm almost finished with a rear cargo storage system. I wanted a way to keep valuables locked with the top down. I could have bought one but they are a little pricey. I based mine off of one I found online but modified it a little. It turned out pretty good.

The center folds in half and can be completely removed. The center piece behind the rear seats can also be removed.
I covered it with leftover Herculiner from our TJ, except behind the seat.

I just spray painted that part.

Just thought I'd share.

20200615_143058.jpg
20200615_143110.jpg
20200615_143126.jpg

Nice job, I made a rear shelf for mine and bolted a small tool box to it. Nice to have the whole floor open for whatever and not have to unload to just put something in there.

Thanks.
Here's a pic with the first section folded. The panel behind the seat is currently just screwed in one each side but I plan to put knobs on so no special tools required if it needs removed. This will allow the seats to fold and still have the full space if needed.
20200611_182758.jpg

Reactions: Chris
Nice one! I made a few boxes too... was gonna sell the CAD files to folks.. super clean... what have y'all coated yours with?
I just passed 10k of adventures on this set up, and just steel reinforced some of the compartments and added flush locks to it so I can keep things secure.