Rear Aussie Locker

DickensCPA

I just got off the phone with TORQ because after putting my vehicle info into their website all their rear lockers were only for 2007-2011 - UNLESS it was a manual transmission. If it was a manual the locker was good for all years in the rear. He said I could run an Aussie locker in the front no problem but due to BLD, TC, etc if I put one in the rear it would put my Jeep in limp mode and they didn't make one for 2012 and newer for an automatic trans.

Does that sound right? My last Jeep was a Rubicon that came with lockers, I had to replace them and why I went with a non Rubicon this time but I had no idea I couldn't put an auto locker in the rear.

I just got off the phone with TORQ because after putting my vehicle info into their website all their rear lockers were only for 2007-2011 - UNLESS it was a manual transmission. If it was a manual the locker was good for all years in the rear. He said I could run an Aussie locker in the front no problem but due to BLD, TC, etc if I put one in the rear it would put my Jeep in limp mode and they didn't make one for 2012 and newer for an automatic trans.

Does that sound right? My last Jeep was a Rubicon that came with lockers, I had to replace them and why I went with a non Rubicon this time but I had no idea I couldn't put an auto locker in the rear.

Same thing I found out some time ago when I was searching, another reason I bough a Jeep with a Manual Trans.

Same thing I found out some time ago when I was searching, another reason I bough a Jeep with a Manual Trans.
Well I guess I learned something today. I wanted a manual but only because I like shifting gears. I'd never owned an auto until I was 35. After I gave my son my '04 Rubicon I bought a Gladiator and only had it a hot minute before trading it for a JK but no manuals to be found. The Gladiator was a manual but I bought it new so I had a choice.

Well I guess I learned something today. I wanted a manual but only because I like shifting gears. I'd never owned an auto until I was 35. After I gave my son my '04 Rubicon I bought a Gladiator and only had it a hot minute before trading it for a JK but no manuals to be found. The Gladiator was a manual but I bought it new so I had a choice.

From what i've heard about the automatics is it's something about the vibration that the rear locker gives out while driving.

Reactions: BigAL07
From what i've heard about the automatics is it's something about the vibration that the rear locker gives out while driving.
I think I have a weird duck anyway. I bought a bluetooth OBDII and JSCAN and when I measured my tires to make that change (went from stock 18" rims to 17" rims w/ 33s) plus lowered my TPMS from 32 to 28 PSI - I lost my speedo and it started popping CELs all beginning with "U" letting me know I had a connection error. I had to play with it forever and put everything back to stock and all the CELs went away and I got my speedo back.

TBH, when I checked my speedo against GPS it appeared to be spot on. I guess there's just not enough difference between the stock 255/70/18 and 285/70/17 which equates to about .65" and the stockers were brand spanking new with about 32 miles on them and now my 33s have about 30,000 miles on them. Plus I run slightly lower PSI in the 33s.

TBH, when I checked my speedo against GPS it appeared to be spot on. I guess there's just not enough difference between the stock 255/70/18 and 285/70/17 which equates to about .65"
I found the same with mine. OEM was 245/75R17 (31.47") and I'm currently running 255/75R17 (32.06"). Speedo is accurate with GPS.

I've typically found the factory speedos to be over called if anything (you're going slightly slower than indicated). When you put on a slightly larger tire, less than 2% in my case, it compensates for this.

I found if u make tire size changes on j-scan with your engine running u will quickly find out just how many lights that your dash really has in it😂🍺🍺

Reactions: Duster
I found if u make tire size changes on j-scan with your engine running u will quickly find out just how many lights that your dash really has in it😂🍺🍺
LOL! That may have been my problem.

Since I brought up JSCAN do you guys leave the doohickey plugged into the OBDII full time or remove it when the engine is off. Not sure what type of battery draw it has but when the engine is off it still has a green, red and blue light and I know that takes juice. Just don't want a dead battery.

LOL! That may have been my problem.

Since I brought up JSCAN do you guys leave the doohickey plugged into the OBDII full time or remove it when the engine is off. Not sure what type of battery draw it has but when the engine is off it still has a green, red and blue light and I know that takes juice. Just don't want a dead battery.
There are reasons why the instructions for all of these things tell you to have the key in the run position but the engine OFF...

I leave them in. If you drive your Jeep more than once every couple months, there's no concern for draining the battery.

I found the same with mine. OEM was 245/75R17 (31.47") and I'm currently running 255/75R17 (32.06"). Speedo is accurate with GPS.

I've typically found the factory speedos to be over called if anything (you're going slightly slower than indicated). When you put on a slightly larger tire, less than 2% in my case, it compensates for this.
I will say the miles until empty, and mpg calculations on my JKU are the most accurate of any vehicle I've ever had, before and after JScan. Never more than .1 off.