Rattle can tube door painting

PeachFuzz

Just bought some lower end tube doors for my 08 JKU. Wanting to paint them blue. The JK is black with blue (law enforcement) highlights. Can I get away with rattle can painting them? Not looking for perfection. This is my top off/doors off toy that only comes out on sunny days. It took the place of the Harley, so it’s not a daily driver.
Thanks

You can rattle can paint them. They're probably powder coated so prepping them will be important. Paint doesn't adhere very well to powder coating. You'll need to lightly scuff up the powder with sandpaper. Clean the surface with a degreaser and light brisle brush. Dawn dish soap and water will do. Let them completely dry. Use an epoxy primer. That will give you better adherence for the paint. Use an enamel paint for your blue.

If you're not using them as an arm rest, I've had very good results using Rustoleum Black Fine Textured paint. IIRC, it does come in different shades of blue. The textured paint seems to mask any splotchiness from using a rattle can. I use it every year on my AEV bumper & on my sliders. Blends very well.