Rancho 2” or Teraflex 1.5”?

Lovemachine

I’m ready to give my JKUR a little lift now. I don’t see myself ever going with any larger tire than 285/70/17. So I am fine with just a leveling kit.

I have it narrowed down to the Rancho 2” or the Teraflex 1.5” spacer kit.

Anyone have any pros vs cons to each lift?

Spacer kits are the cheap way out, and the better setup will be the lift that includes new shocks (the proper length) and springs.

Definitely go with the Rancho lift, no question about it.

Ok, I'm curious that you would say rancho over teraflex.

I'm not familiar with their lift kits but I just got rid of some of their shocks. Horrible ride quality.

I have no issues with rancho shocks or teraflex leveling kit. I have a buddy that runs the teraflex leveling spacers and endlinks on his JKU with good results. I run rancho rs9000 shocks and teraflex 1" front spacer on my JKU. I have been pleased with the rs9000's positive impact on the ride, smoothing the jiggly stock ride.

I'm not a fan of the rancho 2" lift springs. I first ran that kit on the JKU and the front springs are significantly stiffer than stock. The free length is the same as stock but installed provide 2.5" of lift. I much prefer the ride and handling of the stock spring with a spacer and rancho shocks.

I'll give you another option to consider. Synergy makes a 1" JKU lift spring that has a spring rate slightly stiffer than stock but not as stiff as the Rancho spring. Expect ~2" of lift depending on how heavy your JKU is. The free length is far longer than stock or Rancho, and they're known to provide great flex with the appropriate length shock. A set will run you $380 at Northridge with a discount code. You could also opt for the 2" starter lift which includes springs, bumpstops, brake line extensions, swaybar endlinks, etc. for $675